When did it all start?
With a history stretching back over 70 years, York Press is a leading name in international education, providing a comprehensive range of services to Ministries of Education. The firm’s capabilities encompass both its own extensive resources; and also draw on a successful enduring partnership with Pearson
PLC – the world’s largest education company.
Headquartered in the UK in London, the firm’s operations benefit from a network of over 20 offices in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
York Press publishes school courses for ELT, maths and science relied on by numerous Ministries
of Education, as well as a wide range of private sector courses, readers and online dictionaries and encylopaedias. York Press is best-known in the UK for the country’s leading series of English literature study guides, the York Notes.
Areas of expertise include:
• Curriculum and syllabus development
• Content creation (digital, books, video) carefully mapped to the local curriculum • Teacher training
• Technology (via York-E, a proprietary LMS)
• Assessment (testing, e-marking and advisory services)
• Accreditation consultancy
• Project management
Examples of milestone projects:
• Egypt Education Reform Project
• Lebanese CPD programme in partnership with Pearson and funded by the World Bank, providing training for 300 district leaders and 900 school leaders
• Oman e-assessment project (electronic marking of school leavers certificate)